cylinder: 6 cm x 30 cm, cylinder: 6 cm x 24 cm
Number of pieces:
The lesson about the cylinder
- An equilateral cylinder
- An axial cross-section
- Calculating the high, radius, surface and volume of the cylinder
- Discussion of tools and 3D printing. Calculation task.
- A reconsideration of how basic operations are conducted.
- Discuss how to upload a file (STL) to a print program – individually when appropriate.
- repeating the properties of the cylinder
- explanation with the sketch
- concrete task
- You have an equilateral cylinder. The height is 6 cm. Calculate the surface of an axial cross-section, the surface and volume of the cylinder. Print the cylinder.
- You have an The height is 6 cm. The volume is 150π cm3. Calculate the radius, surface of an axial cross-section and the surface of the cylinder. Print the cylinder.
- Calculate the requested values. Use prepared template.
- Select the suitable settings in Z-suite for printing the objects.
- 3D print.
Age of students
14 - 16
90 min (2 lessons)
Notebook, computer, 3D printing programme
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. Under the following terms: Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
I printed it
If you printed this exercise you can register and share it with the community:Create a new account
Or Login if you are registered.