THE CYLINDER AND THE CONE
3d model information
cone: 12cmx5cm, cylinder: 7cm x 3 cm
Number of pieces:
STL Files Viewer
• This lesson is designed to understand and compare the volumes of cylinders and cones.
• The cylinder and the cone
• Calculating the high, radius and volume of the cylinder and cone
- Discussion of tools and 3D printing. Calculation task.
- A reconsideration of how basic operations are conducted.
- Discuss how to upload a file (STL) to a print program – individually when appropriate.
• repeating the properties of the cone and cylinder
• explanation with the sketch
• concrete task
1. You have a cone. The height is 12 cm, the radius is 5 cm. Calculate the volume of the cone. What is the volume of the cylinder with the same radius and height? Compare your results and write down the conclusion. Print the cone and cylinder.
2. You have a cylinder. The height is 7 cm, the radius is 3 cm. Calculate the height of the cone with the same volume and the same radius. Compare the height of a cylinder and cone with the same base surface and the same volume. What can you see? Write it down. Print the cone and cylinder.
Calculate the requested values.
Use prepared templates.
Select the suitable settings in Z-suite for printing the objects.
Age of students
90 min (2 lessons)
Notebook, computer, 3D printing programme
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. Under the following terms: Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
I printed it
If you printed this exercise you can register and share it with the community:Create a new account
Or Login if you are registered.