10 cm x 8 cm, 10 cm x 12 cm
Number of pieces:
The lesson about the pyramid
- The correct four-sided pyramid
- Rectangular triangles in pyramid
- Understand rectangular triangles in pyramid
- Calculating the height, radius, surface and volume of the pyramid
- Discussion of tools and 3D printing. Calculation task.
- A reconsideration of how basic operations are conducted.
- Discuss how to upload a file (STL) to a print program – individually when appropriate.
- repeating the properties of the cone
- explanation with the sketch
- concrete task
- You have a regular four-sided pyramid. The height is 10 cm, the line a is 8 cm. Calculate the surface and volume of the pyramid. Print the pyramid.
- You have a regular four-sided pyramid. The line a is 10 cm, the line s is 12 cm. Calculate the surface and volume of the pyramid. Print the pyramid.
Calculate the requested values.Use prepared template.
Select the suitable settings in Z-suite for printing the objects.
Age of students
14 - 18
90 min (2 lessons)
Notebook, computer, 3D printing programme
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
You are free to: Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. Under the following terms: Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
I printed it
If you printed this exercise you can register and share it with the community:Create a new account
Or Login if you are registered.